Gottman Level 2
Assessment, Intervention & Co-Morbidities
Note: This workshop is open to anyone wanting to learn skills to work with couples using the Gottman method and is also a prerequisite to the Gottman Certification Level 3.
Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy … and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples.
Join us for a dynamic experience of interactive live training with Lawrence Stoyanowski and Darren Wilk who are Certified Gottman Therapists with a wealth of experience working with the method and 2 of only a few therapists in the world teaching the level 2 Gottman workshop. They come highly recommended by The Gottman Organization and have presented numerous times in this capacity. They also are senior consultants mentoring therapists in their certification process.
You will receive personalized coaching from Darren and Lawrence and from Senior Certified Gottman Therapists as you participate in experiential exercises and learn how to incorporate the research-based Assessment and Intervention Methods into your clinical practice.
Professional Development & Practical Immersion
In these four days you will:
- Experience interactive presentations with Darren and Lawrence
- Practice using Assessments and Interventions in group role-plays
- Engage the presenters in vital dialogue and receive personalized coaching
- View demonstration films
- Participate in extensive discussions with Senior Certified Gottman Therapists and clinicians from around the world
- Become skilled in using our 550 page Level 2 Clinical Manual which now includes revised Gottman Core Assessments, Gottman Supplemental Assessments and more than 50 Gottman Interventions
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
- Gain confidence in using the techniques through personal immersion
- Basics of Observation Assessment – Sessions 1, 2, 3 Core Assessment Questionnaires
- Intervention – Philosophy and Goals
- Interventions – Managing Conflict
- Interventions – Strengthening Friendship and Romance
- Interventions – Minimizing Relapse
- Co-Morbidities – Case Studies in PTSD, Affairs, DV, Depression, Addictions
- View demonstration films
- Participants will be able to: Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile.”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen.”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding.
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions.
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Couples Therapy Assessment and Intervention
(Click here for a full workshop outline)
Registration Dates: June 4-7, 2012
The cost: Regular $1300
Early Registration $1100 per person which includes morning and afternoon snacks. (HST will be added to all costs) *please note cancellation policy below. (Payment plan is available, please call to give a deposit)
Student Group rates for early registration. $1000 pp for 1-4 and $900 for 5 or more. PLEASE CALL (HST will be added to all costs)
Location: Justice Institute of BC
Time: 8:30 to 5:00 all four days. Registration 8:15 am .call 604-539-5277 for more information.
- Level 1 training
- APA — The Gottman Institute, Inc. (TGI) is approved by the American Psychological Association.
- Canadian Practitioners should check with their governing organizations for approval for CE credits.
- Refund Policy: Refund (minus $50 administrative fee) when canceling 30 days prior to the workshop. After this date credit will be given to attend a future workshop.